3/3/16

Student Spotlight Feature: Sharon Smilovich

“I got involved in Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi (Sigma) my second semester freshman year and became Philanthropy Chair three years later. As Philanthropy Chair I am responsible for organizing a philanthropy event to raise money for an important cause. Also, I connect sisters to other organization's philanthropy events and encourage them to attend! The work I do is so important to me because I believe that being in Greek life gives me the opportunity and power to make a difference in a fun way. This semester, I am planning a Lip Sync Battle event which is going to be a blast. The proceeds are benefiting the Sunrise Association which helps children battling cancer. This organization is incredible with all the work they do helping cancer patients and I am so happy to be raising money for them this semester.”

Sharon Smilovich 16’ is graduating with a BS in Management (marketing concentration) and a BA in Psychology. She is also an RA in Dickinson Community and served as scholarship chair for Sigma when I was a sophomore.


“It is so rewarding when people attend an event and you know that you made a difference. It is amazing how we can make such a big difference by taking the time to attend events and learn about different organizations that help people every day. I hope that performers get really excited and passionate about their lip sync performance and that we can raise awareness for the Sunrise Association so that more people can learn about the amazing things that they do and how they can help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment